title banner

Weoley Castle

picture of weoley castle ruinsweoley castle ruins

The ruins at Weoley Castle are over  700 years old and are the remains of the moated manor house that once stood here. The site has been inhabited from the 12th century and according to the Domesday Book, was part of the estate of William Fitz Ansculf. Weoley Castle changed hands several times between  1485 and 1531 when it began to fall into disrepair. In the centuries that followed, stone from the castle was removed to build a nearby farm and the Dudley no.2 canal.


pictured: Community
Education Centre

Detailed Information


Weoley Castle Ruins
Alwold Road
Weoley Castle
B29 5RJ

Tel: 0121 348 8120


  • Admission to viewing platform is free

Opening Hours

  • The ruins can be seen from the viewing platform on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.00am-5.00pm. There are also special events throughout the year when the ruins will be open. Please see the website for more details: www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/weoley


  • Education Centre and Schools' Services


  • Guided Tours, Talks, Special Events, Meeting Room Hire

Disabled Visitors

  • Access to main part of monument.
  • Access to Education Centre.


  • Park on road

Average Length of Visit

  • 1 hour